Saturday 21 December 2019

A kettle makes all the difference

9th December cont.....
Strange, I've been attempting to work out why, apart from the poor weather, this holiday has not been as it should have been.
Weird things have surfaced; continually loud and excitable Spanish holiday makers (especially the women continually talking 10 to the dozen high pitch, and semi-shouting), the complete lack of friendliness from the other guests and a kettle!
At the end of the day, people are a transient issue I can move away from. I'm happy in my own company and a stack of trash novels will keep me entertained for days.
I love walking and when I am feeling well, I can walk for hours and be perfectly content.
But the kettle!
I need a cup of tea in the morning before I face anyone or anything. I like to be able to spend time in my room (I paid for it, she says, petulantly) and I enjoy sitting in the sun (er, yes, we won't go into that) on the balcony and enjoy a drink of something.....hot.
Ironically, it's the kettle which makes the holiday, everything else becomes incidental. 

No comments:

Post a Comment