Saturday 21 December 2019

It's blowing up for a storm

11 December 
Leaden skies have replaced the invitation to warmth of this morning.
It began bright enough, wall to wall clear skies with small, white, fluffy clouds which took the burning away from the sun as it rose.
But by 1pm that changed and I ran for the inside and a cardigan; I'll be pleased to get changed to warmer clothes later.
Having had a beautiful lunch of a Spanish pork stew and roasted aubergine, tomato and courgette I have retired to the lounge area to watch the winds rise and the clouds thicken.
For me it's the perfect end to the holiday, and yes, on balance, if I take away attempting to poison myself with a yuk water bottle and that tuna, it's been a great holiday.
I happily forgive the rain, the winds, the cool temperatures but do wonder at my failure to use that blasted bus service...again! šŸ¤¬
If I don't next year, someone slap me!
I've already begun the hunt for good recipes of beef and pork stock and am really looking forward to getting the slow cooker out when I get home.
Next year I'll bring a kettle, that's what has driven me mad about this holiday, not being able to enjoy a drink first thing in the morning without having to go down to the restaurant and face other people. 
No, I need waking space, oh, do I need waking space. 
So, now I wait. In about an hour I'll go and get changed and then it wont be long before my pick up.
The transfer minibus is only making two stops, so we should get to the airport in plenty of time.
I've eaten well so hopefully I will last until this evening when I reach Gatwick and the Premier Inn. 
Wonder if M+S Food will still be open?

No comments:

Post a Comment