Saturday 21 December 2019

One More Sleep

10th December 
I've no idea who it was in the family that coined the phrase but the final days of any holiday were heralded by the number of nights left. 
I think it has much to do with the waking in the morning and still being on holiday and knowing there's one more full day before travelling back home. 
Whatever and wherever it came from, its something I invariably say to myself when I have 'one more sleep', one more day.
Both the forecast and the sky herald a beautiful one too. 
As usual its chilly first thing but that tends to burn back by about 10am and then the burning heat off the sun is felt full throttle.
Travelling to the Canaries at this time of year always requires a wind proof jacket with a bit of warmth attached to it. The mornings and evenings can be particularly cool especially when pitched against the heat of the midday.
I don't get picked up until 15:50 tomorrow so I have half a day extra to enjoy. 
Although out of my room by the latest midday, so they can prepare for the next occupancy, I can use the changing facilities by the pool if I want or just do a quick strip tease in the Ladies, there's plenty of room.
So, today. 
I want to go along to Ale Hop and pick up a new water bottle. Mine is now impregnated with something that is not good and however much I sterilise it, the algae comes back all too quickly.
Then its coffee at McDonald's and a wander to the surfing beach to see what's going on.
Well, that last part depends upon how quickly it gets hot. I might save McDonald's until later in the day and just hit the beach. Ale Hop will be open until 8pm so no rush.
So nice to have one more sleep left.
Lovely walk; three miles as it turned out, so I've been doing that most days. Oh dear, that sets a precedent for when I get home.
I went to all the places I said I would but failed to go to Ale Hop as a serious case of the foreigners-tummy had seized the moment.
I went straight back to the hotel after a really delightful coffee,  having already nosed at the beach; nothing happening there, too early I suspect.
Anyway, I know what it was, which had caused the holiday tummy, tuna.
Usually I love it and cooked on the hotplate its lovely, but this chef is not as good as the usual one and the fish had been sitting on the warm plate only partially cooked for some time....recipe for disaster.
As a result, I spent the remainder of the day in peace in my room, either hiding from the sun or soaking it up. 
It was really hot today. The forecast says not as hot tomorrow, I think today was the peak for a few days so I've been lucky.
Partly packed too, so I can enjoy tomorrow. Have Imodium should I need it and two more capsules to keep the sinusitis at bay.
God, I'm falling to bits here.
Mind you, for 66 years of age I'm not complaining about the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment