Saturday 21 December 2019

The day promises sunshine and no showers

9th December 
Having been woken at 03:25 by furtive activity above me (I have no idea what they were up to, beds were moving, doors opening and closing, loudly, wardrobe doors slid back and forth) but a set of earplugs later and I fell back into a sort of sleep. 
I'd already placed my coat over me so I was warm. I stayed put until gone 07:30 when their antics became beyond adorable 🤨.
Really not that hungry but desperate for a hot drink, I went down with two teabags and my mug.
Sitting outside I was pleased I had a cardigan, the sun hadn't reached as low as the poolside and the cold air of night hugged me tight.
Went back in and had a tomato and, gathering my second hot drink, returned to my balcony to enjoy the sun and tea. Now it's this combo which makes a holiday.
In my mind it's a must. If you plan to stay in hotels and there are no tea/coffee making facilities in your room, take them! Collapsible kettles are less than £40, some less than that, and last. Dual power,  they will travel world wide too. 
So, its now 09:40, time to head for the supermarket, pick up something to drink and head for the beach. Nice weather to watch the sea.
Now, that swim wear, is it decent enough for a swim......? Er, no.
I decided on the beach as it was so lovely, so as to stand in the surf and watch the surfers who were out in force today.
Watching the water, and the ways people were unexpectedly being bowled over, I gathered these still had some energy. 
There was a mixture of surfers, some body surfing using half boards and others with the full boards attempting a ride. I suspect the body surfers had a better time as it demands good surf rather than good wave and there was plenty of surf for everyone. 
I noticed one guy going out with a waterproof camera. Made me quite jealous.
I'm back in my room now having just had some lunch. The sun is burning and looking in the mirror I already resemble a medium roast coffee bean.
So sad about the swimwear but I was obviously not meant to swim.
This afternoon? I'm going to let the sun cool a tad, then go for a walk. Fancy a coffee and a wander to the main surfing beach. Always good fun watching them ride the waves as the crash past the breakwater.

No comments:

Post a Comment