Saturday 21 December 2019

The sun has its hat on and the birds are singing

8th December 
I wake at 03:00 and pull my coat over my bed. I've followed this ritual these past few nights, it's cold and it stops me sleeping well.
The night sky is clear and the stars are clearly visible; they will have good viewing from the observatories tonight.
Once more I fall asleep knowing the bed will warm.....
Its 07:00 and I need the loo. Dragging myself out of bed I aim for the balcony door and swing it wide open.
Fresh air; still dark and the cockerels are still silent. 
I stagger to the bathroom, one eye firmly shut and then return to bed.......just five minutes....šŸ’¤
So, by 0800 I was more inclined to get up. Dress, tidy room (I must have fallen asleep before 22:00) and then a breakfast....want a hot drink more!
Really didn't fancy anything there so ended up with hot milk and two pear halves with my cocao and coco powder topped on it. It's a nice combo and gives me numerous mineral salts and fibre without the need of much food. 
As I said to Kellie, right off food at the moment.
Anyway, the sun has finally returned and I am on my balcony listening to the cockerels sing their final choruses 
across the valley.
Time for me to catch up on the news.
Sadly, the sun only took its hat off for a couple of hours and then returned to cloth itself in deep cloud cover and the occasional pitter, patter of rain.
I walked.
I'd been sick and had one of those bad headaches and neck tension, so my system was crying out for.......a packet of biscuits, I need an injection of carbs.
Knowing its Sunday, I went out to get some fresh air but there was a chance.
I wandered round the block and to my delight came across the Hotel Turquesa and its associated mini-mart.
Two cans of Fanta and a packet of Hob Nobs later I came out and headed for the sea. It was cold but I was determined to enjoy some of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment