Thursday 10 March 2022

And so to our final stop....

We squeezed into Kristiansund at 08.00 and took up position in the middle of a very narrow channel; so narrow in fact, as we came in we were able to wave to a couple in their dressing gowns standing with a cup of coffee on their balcony. Yes, you could easily make out their faces.
It was another very bumpy night and joints in cupboards, door frames and glass panels were all stress tested to the max. Fortunately the bed is screwed to the floor or I'm sure that would have been on the move.
I fell asleep very early so I awoke at 03.30 and looked out. The white water was clearly seen from my deck (11) so the swell was obviously as strong as it felt.
But opening the balcony door this morning it was warm! 
No blast of ice chill, no rush of snowflakes. Just a soft 9°C and a forecast of rain.
Yep. We're getting closer to the UK.
Ok, alarm is due to go any time soon and I'm off on my final trip... and before you ask, no, I don't want to come back, I want to go back to Honningsvåg or Alta I don't mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment