Thursday 5 October 2023

Officially we went and saw an exhibition

The trip today was to Candie Gardens up on the ridge and visit the art exhibition there. It was the first time many of Renoir's paintings (produced during 1883) were being shown together on the island and the press had awarded the exhibition 5 stars.
One of the paintings has stirred much controversy as it is attributed to be a view in France but looking at it, it's pretty obvious it's a view in Guernsey. The scholars are mulling over the evidence, tee hee.
Having entertained myself there for an hour (that's all you were alloted) I wandered back into town.
Parts of me are seriously arguing so I'm resting for the remainder of the day.... however...before then...
I sauntered along to the lighthouse pier and dipped my toe in the water off the end of one of the slipways. Cool yes, but not that bad. It made me realise what has been missing this holiday, so many beaches, so much sea, and I've not stopped and sat on any of them. I need a beach!!
Yes, I got that close. He just watched me and allowed me to get this shot.
Looking back along the pier at St Peter's Port through the plethora of small boats.
For reference, a 3-bed semi is £1,250,000. Mm, somewhat outside my price bracket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment