Wednesday 10 July 2019

Monica buys lipstick

"You are very bland," she said, as I looked in the mirror, "bland and monochromatic. Where's the colour? The contrast? Where's the life?"
Monica crossed her arms and with a deep huff, looked away, " at least get some lippy!"
I felt that part of me flounce off and leave me hanging, looking in the mirror at what I thought looked quite good really.
Oh dear, the alter ego was not impressed and I could see why. I have never really been one for rosy cheeks, puckered lips and eyebrows, more the sallow, bobble hat wearing, mud covered creature wiping her sniffling nose on the back of her hand.
Far from elegant. Far from feminine.
'Ok,' I thought, 'I see your point and will take a look. No idea what colour so I hope she shows up.'
I looked round the standard shops with rows of makeup brands and that musak playing loudly enough to drown my thoughts.
'Aargh! Can't stand it!' I left.
I wandered into TJ HUGHES a discount store where everything is at least 30% off all the time and sales are a delight.
Monica showed up, reached out my hand and said, "this one, it'll suit you and it's cheap!"
At £2.50 I had to agree, nice one too. Will I wear it? Let's see if I can make it a habit, but with Monica up my bottom I suspect I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment