Wednesday 30 November 2022

Sun rise, flying fish and hydrotherapy


It was a beautiful dawn, all yellows and peaches with flying fish leaping the waves as we passed.
I'd never seen them in real life, only on the TV so it was amazing to watch them gliding over the water and re-entering at a distance.
This is not my picture but this is what I saw, only there were small shoals of them.
One thing I didn't know is they are cod not sardines even if they look more like they should be.
It's still wonderfully warm, a balmy 24°C but the wind is really whipping along and makes it less pleasant to be up top.
Having had lunch and a natter I decided it was time for a Spa visit so spent a couple very happy hours in the pool and in the sauna. I'm getting to be a bit of a regular in there.
So now I'm seated on the main deck, deck 5, enjoying some nuts and a sparkling water. It's another formal night so I will be well out the way in The Grill with the other formal dinner avoiders 🥰
One thing which makes me grin are the number of stroller supports in use.
Once upon a time some decades ago these people were living life to the full with engines burning and paintwork, perfect. 
Now they are somewhat battered and rather slow, reminding me of a car which has gone round the clock a few times, has too much give in the pistons and very dodgy suspension.
Watching a man coming into the living room in the full dickie bow and black suit using a stroller seems, well, incongruous somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment