Tuesday 22 October 2019

Homeward bound and its a nice day!

Sunday 20th October

Fairy-feet next door was up bright and early. It never ceases to amaze me just how many times someone has to walk back and fore in such a short space of time?!
So I was awake. With the same routine as yesterday, tea, podcasts and then shower and dressed, I added the other layer of final packing.
Yes, it wasn't raining, the sun was just about out through white clouds and it looked as though I would have a much better journey back than I had had coming down.
What a relief.
Paul and I had breakfast together and chatted over our tea. It was great to catch up. We've known each other since our twenties and much has happened to both of us in that time. We have been really close, rowed, fallen out and not spoken for years, married, divorced, gone away and licked our wounds, only to finally find a new friendship in our later years. Its nice and although we still don't agree on everything, we have a new respect for each other, neither of us were really capable of finding in our selfish youth.
Paul went back to his room and got everything sorted to leave as I did mine. 
I waved a final goodbye and got into my car, set up the SATNAV and set off for the return journey.
M25 here I come!!

It had been a nice long-weekend, sadly marred by the sound system at the Ball, but you can't have everything can you and I had seen much more this time than I have in the past. 
I got to Street and to Wells. I understood my need to move on from Glastonbury and the surrounding area; I've visited it all now and want to explore new areas.


Have bus pass, will travel....that's me, always looking round the next corner or up the next side street, after all, you never know what you'll see....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment