Tuesday 5 March 2024

Yes, I missed a day...

A day at sea drifted by. I went to the spa, listened to two lectures, bought some glasses (the ceiling spots give me a headache) and gently passed the day.
There's a large number of first time travellers on this cruise and even with a mild swell of less than 3m many were confined to their sick beds.
I must admit, apart from a gentle rocking, neither Shirley nor I noticed it.
So we both slept like babes and woke to the fjord leading up to Flåm slowly passing our cabin windows.
It was -5°C but bright blue skies greeted us.
We met up at around 10am and then mooched around Flåm. Honestly, you could cover all of the town within 30 mins and still have time to buy coffee.
I think we went into every retail shop there was; I bought 2 fridge magnets and left it at that. With 133nok : £10, and prices in the 1200nok for a jacket, it was safer to keep your hand off the credit card which remained tucked in a wallet.
We did stop at a bakery and had coffee and a cinnamon swirl between us. Sitting out in the sun is was surprisingly warm.
I wandered into the museum at the far end of Flåm ( less than 400 m away) and had an interesting time looking at some of the exhibits.
This ranged from the equipment used to build the railway, through old engines, tools and accessories, to motorbikes that you rode along the rails and delivery vans which followed on behind.
In the afternoon I swam. Yep, it was warm enough to swim on deck and then dry off in the sun.
An absolutely superb day.
Next, Bergen.







No comments:

Post a Comment