Sunday 22 September 2019

Yep, back I on board and it's as if I've not been away


4th September
Sitting back in The Lounge with my first coffee and ginger ale. It's as if I've not been off the ship. I think I'm in love with cruising and I suspect I'd love one of those extended ones; will have to explore when I get back.
Customs and all the rest is very much like Gatwick airport with scanners on the person and the baggage, long queues and as expected, Customs.
Once that was passed all we needed then was to register a credit card and collect our cabin card. This is your most valuable possession onboard as it is your way of paying for things, accessing your cabin and getting on and off the ship. Lose this and you lose something as valuable as your wallet or passport.
So, done!
I'd stay at that Ibis Budget again and having had such a good response from buying a McDonald's supreme burger and a side salad and eat everything except the bun, I've found something else I can eat when I go out and I would like to recommend those supreme burgers, they are very good indeed.
Works for me!
Breakfast was more of an issue and the Ibis over the road does a cooked one so I'll see if I can use that for mine. It is such a problem when you just can't tolerate wheat or dairy and attempt to eat outside the house. It is presumed a continental breakfast is fine for everyone, and sadly there are people like me who find it impossible. Give me a full English any day.
The tannoy has just announced cabins are ready so I will drop my hand luggage off in a few minutes and go for something to eat.
But first, ginger ale, come here.

No comments:

Post a Comment