Sunday 3 December 2023

Final day, French coast and then home

The Bay of Biscay was, and I'm almost wary of saying this, gentle. The storm was behind us and we kept running flat out to avoid it.

It seems most of the weather was catching us on the stern so we remained stable throughout the night.
Waking to my last full day I looked out on one of those sunrises commensurate with the English coast; dark clouds, leden skies, black seas, but now I'm sitting on the balcony enjoying sunshine, little wind and a gentle autumnal warmth.
The traffic is quite something. I've counted five ships within easy eyesight. The captain said we were now on ship routing and we could expect to see an increase in ships traffic. Probably be more once we reach the channel. 
I've packed already. Its easy enough. I may have a big case but its invariably half empty. The heavy parts are the books, and yes, I've read all of them.
I've also read five off Kindle (thank heavens for that) so it's been a totally engaging time.
Yes, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time and am looking forward to the next one which is February I think. Off to see the reindeer, Shirley and lots of snow. Excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment