Friday 1 December 2023

One stop remaining

It was a bouncy night with rattling and clanking reminding us we were heading home. 
Looking out the cabin window it was still dark, the sun wasn't even close to rising but pillows of white foam were crashing out from our passage.
This cold is still hanging around and like many of us, blights yet another day.
Not taking up any excursions was a good move on my part allowing me the opportunity to dwell where I want to, explore what I fancy and stop where I wished.
I've seen so much more this way but, and there is a but, I've not gone further than my feet would allow.
I know there's much more to wander through in Cadiz for example, and spending more time following my nose in Santa Cruz de Tenerife would be fascinating.
But, would I want to return to Cape Verde? No. It's a long way to go for just two days and I'm not that impressed by either island to want to spend 4 days at sea to get there.
Ok, so what about today? Well, we're at sea, on our way up the Portuguese coast, past Lisbon (a stopping destination from last year) and up to A'Coruña, our final stop.
Today I'll spend my time devouring yet another book then back to the cabin to continue feeling rough and consider the ideal medical kit to carry each trip. It's a hard life.....but someone's gotta do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment