Tuesday 5 December 2023

Home, washing and normal routines

Yesterday was the final day of waiting, sitting and hoping for a prompt departure.
The night had been one of rough seas and sleeting rain, but we arrived at Portsmouth roughly on time.
I did wonder whether the pilot was going to be able to board at 6am as the ship was being pushed about by the waves and buffeted by the wind.
I had tag number 24 so sat in the library with the other 20 somethings (up to 24 that is). We were the second to last group to disembark and by the looks of it, the crew would get everyone off by 10:30am giving them until 2pm to clear, clean, restock and prepare for the next group who were looking forward to two weeks cruising the Canary islands.
I envied them, they were heading back to 26°C, blue skies and longer days.
So, an eventful three weeks and one I won't forget in a hurry. I did meet some lovely people and I did wander in some fascinating places. The weather had been so kind to us too with average temperatures of 28°C. I've come back disgustingly brown and that was without trying.
So all in all and great time so next.....
Norway in March, should be fun.....see you on deck 6 Shirley 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment