Tuesday 3 September 2019

3 September- travelling

So you are reading a very happy bunnies words as she sits in Southampton Central preparing to board tomorrow.
I decided to break the journey again and spend the night before in a local hotel. I chose the Ibis budget and couldn't have asked for better.
From what I can see, there are a few hotels round here and I suspect they are designed for the cruise traffic.
Talking with the taxi driver, he was telling me there can be quite a few ships coming in at once so the cars are all there waiting for fares to the station or airport.
Sounds like the bears and a salmon feast: all gathering to reap the benefit of the harvest as quickly as possible. But instead of getting fat bodies, they get fatter wallets.  Good luck to them and long may they reap the benefits of clients like us who just look at a 40 minute walk with cases and opt for a better way to live.
I've just broken my fast of the day and enjoyed a McDonald's chicken and bacon salad.
Actually, dont knock it or scoff, it was really nice, especially with their balsamic dressing, yum.
In a bit I'm going for a wander and get some fresh air and stretch my legs after all the travelling.
Is it worth it? Oh, yes, no hurry, no hassle, just a slow saunter to the Cruise Terminal for midday tomorrow and a quiet nights sleep tonight.
And breathe........律‍♀️

View from the window of my room in the Ibis budget. It was surprisingly quiet.....until about 3am when the clubs closed their doors. Perfect place for everyone to congregate and get fries, coffee, burger or just carry on their loud chatter. I found my ear plugs and turned over.

No comments:

Post a Comment