Sunday 4 December 2022

A free day to wander the streets

I love Lanzarote so I decided, as I know Arrecife I would take myself off and wander down to the beach.

My walk took me along the sea front and the marathon runners. I'm not sure where they started but they ran the full length of the town to the gardens at the far end of the beach and then all the way back past the terminal to the next village I think.
As they passed, hot and bothered, I clapped and cheered them on. They came from all over by the sounds of it; UK, Spain, Germany and probably more.
some of the front runners rounding the point before the beach.
view from where I sat looking over to the mountains of Africa 

The day was labelled as 'changeable' so after about 40 mins I moved off the beach and began the slow meander back. 
Stopping off at one of the pastelarias I bought myself one of their custard and apple slices. It was delightful, not too sweet like it would have been in UK.
As I popped the last mouthful into my mouth I heard the sound of rhythmical drumming sounding very much like the musical, Stomp. I followed the sound and found a troup of players coming down the road to an open area. They played there for another 4 or 5 minutes and then.........
I recorded them but sadly didn't take any stills. 
I get the impression it was something for the local children (and adults no doubt) as there were play stalls laid out such as skittles, giant ludo and Kerplunk......and so much else. I did hope the weather held for them but I suspect it was rained off later.

I started heading back to the ship meandering through the back streets and the past the lagoon where small fishing boats now bobbed about on the returning tide. The runners were approaching the second leg of their run and were slowly reaching the bridge.
Returning to the marina I saw this ship. Called Bad Company Support, it resembled nothing like I'd seen before.
Full frontal gives these the impression it'd cut the ice like knife and soft butter.

Although it was Saturday most of the shops in the marina were closed, probably because for them, it's out of season. Shame, it was still busy even without the cruise ship.




No comments:

Post a Comment