Thursday 8 December 2022

And now, the day is done....

I spent the night waking and checking the clock; what time is it? Is it time to get up? 
I was having dreadful dreams about losing things, forgetting things. How I hate the night before travelling, it has an awful effect on me.
I met Shirley for breakfast in The Grill then I went to the Britannia Lounge to sit and wait for the call to disembark. Shirley joined me and we happily chatted away until I was called. She was number 25 so her group would be leaving about 15 mins after me. I hope she had a good journey back to Wales.
I was number 20 so was about a third of the way through the regular passengers. 
Numbers 1 through 12 were for those with some form of disability so were in need of chairs, assistance, or just a very slow at walking with someone carrying their hand luggage etc. 
I shared a car with a couple from Tunbridge Wells and although she was in a chatty mood she eventually stopped and nodded off. The partner hardly spoke.
I was really glad to be let off first so I walked into the house just before midday and was able to get the bed stripped after Ann had stayed and remade ready for me.
I did get the sheets washed and hung outside but the chances of them drying was low. I brought them in and they are upstairs drying off with windows ajar.
Now I'm tired. I've cooked for myself which was a shock after being looked after for the last three weeks,  but it did taste good even if I say so myself.
Thank goodness for freezers!!
So that's it, the end of the trip.
Was it worth it?
Oh yes, every second.
Would I do it again?
Yep, in a heart beat but I wouldn't bother with trips, I'd do each centre on foot. I know I wouldn't get out of the port city or town but I am certain I would see things the rest would have missed.
last night in The Grill


No comments:

Post a Comment