Wednesday 7 December 2022

The final full day at sea

The Bay of Biscay has been kind and I slept well.
I did most of my packing last night and am taking very little washing home. Just the stuff for today and tomorrow morning and that's it.
Cases have to be outside the door tonight and then one more sleep, one more breakfast then home.
Am I sad?
Yes and no. Yes because I've enjoyed being away for three weeks and would happily stay away much longer.
No, because the air conditioning plays havoc with my sinuses.
If I won some money I would book a trip to Canada and USA for their Fall because the colours are just breathtaking. I would also do two trips back to back and join a growing band of winter travellers who avoid the UK during December to March.
The sunrise was lovely this morning but more impressive was the moon which hung over the sea like a jewel.
I wish I could have photographed it but it was shy and hid behind a cloud before I had the chance.
It's a clearing up day today around the ship, preparing for a major handover.
A large proportion of the crew have come to the end of their contracts and are heading home for two maybe three months before they are back on either this ship or the sister ship.
They're getting really excited as you can imagine but tell me it's tough getting the work visas to get back on board! Crazy. Seems our bureaucracy causes no ends of problems for them and Saga, trying to get their staff back on board.
The Christmas trees are out and all decks have some form of decorations embellishing them.
The Christmas tree on the main deck now has a complete "gingerbread" village surrounding it and the restaurants have their own trees.
The pool on the top deck is partially filled in anticipation of the Caribbean passengers and everywhere is getting that extra clean in preparation. 
I suspect a third of passengers are not getting off......bet the laundry is busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment