Monday 5 December 2022

Last Leg; Lisbon

It was a far less choppy night and although I slept poorly (it was the disembarking info which set it off) the night was less eventful than expected.
We arrived in Lisbon harbour at around 8:30am and the first tours were out the door by 8:45am.
I was on the second wave which left thirty minutes later and we did a lightening trip round the important landmarks in the city.
Sadly, for me, the tour guide launched into talking and failed to draw breath for two hours. Her register was just at that pitch which asails the ears and I was delighted when we got to the end.
There were some spectacular monuments and buildings but it was just a panoramic tour so we got out of the bus once for the all important tower.
I have no idea how many coaches were there at the time but there were 3 from our ship alone. This is their famous tower which defended the spices worth so much money to the traders.
We came back and had to go through a full customs check, first one in fact.
I go out again shortly; I'll be going through it once more. 
The delights of Brexit indeed.
Ok, quick lunch and then back out again.....



No comments:

Post a Comment