Saturday 26 November 2022

At Sea and feeling fine

An army might march on its stomach, but missing breakfast meant I was ready to demolish bowl fulls.
We were, once more, given a Spanish delight of mixed seafood cooked in mixed peppers and onion and served in a rich fish stock.
They also served green-skinned mussels and fresh bread. It was just what the doctor ordered.
It was cooked in the open on deck 12 so we could watch how it was prepared. Apart from making the fish stock, the cooking of the dish itself took less than 15 minutes.....yes, I will be cooking that when I get home.....just need access to a very good fish stock.
We are heading down the African coast to the Cape Verde archipelago which lies on the same latitude as Senegal.
It's already getting hotter and the sea is a deep blue, matching the sky above.
I spent a few hours in the Hydrotherapy Suite taking advantage of the delights of the sauna, steam room and of course the hydrotherapy pool itself.

Now I'm relaxing in the library with a bitter hot chocolate waiting to have something to eat before retiring to the library to do some more work in my sketch book.
What a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment