Friday 25 November 2022

Off and out on a freebie

So much has changed in Santa Cruz de Tenerife; new land reclaimed around the port, extended container port as well as a new marina and pleasure beach nestled between a cement factory and some  port authority stuff.
We drove to the beach at San Antonio which I had visited a few years ago. 
Today's its overcast and very blustery but it was heartening to see a large array of small fishing ships moored just off shore. The tide was in and the wind whipped up the man made beach. If you wanted sand blasting this was the day to do it.
At least it was yellow and imported 😊 Thank you Sahara.

Our next stop were a set of gardens in the centre of town. Once a potato field, the gardens were created by a doctor for sick children to have a space to clear their lungs and regain health.
In the main square there were works...
without warning, roping off or anything, a cement mixer turned up, we scattered, and they began pouring.
I laughed. 
I knew I was back in Spain. Its everyone for themselves here. Health and Safety? What's that?
So back on the coach and to be honest I lost interest after that. As I said in my appraisal, if I want to see a container port, cement factory etc, I'll go to Tilbury.
typical avenida in Santa Cruz.

No comments:

Post a Comment