Monday 28 November 2022

Second day at sea

As per normal I woke up really early and ended up one of the very first in The Grill for breakfast. 
I'm not sure why, but my phone has automatically changed the time to an hour ahead. Really confusing.
Tomorrow we fall back an hour so unless miracles happen I am going to be two hours out. 🤷‍♀️ 
So, my day began with a magical find, Arla Lactofree Milk! 
I had asked for it in the cabin but it didn't get through. My cabin steward didn't realise skimmed milk or soya just wasn't it but I coped, restricting myself to one cup of tea a day.
The restaurant manager was marvellous, I chatted to him and he took my cabin number......now I have the lactofree and the soya and the skimmed in my little fridge. But hey, I can drink tea which is wonderful.
I spent the morning doing the lettering and the third drawing of the Hellier lighthouse up on the approaches of Kirkwall. It's almost finished but does require some defining pen work.
sorry the image is so dark but I took it on the bed and the light is pretty low in the cabin.
My stomach was telling me it was time to eat so beetling it up to deck 12, I sampled one of the Mongolian stir fries which, I hasten to add was wonderful. Different chef this time. I did wonder if the stir fry represented something he'd studied or something he knew from back home.
Have met up with two people from the Northern Lights trip and we had a great afternoon playing RummiKub. Such good fun.
The pool up top was suffering from soot particles so having had a cursory dip amongst the floating bits, I retired downstairs to The Spar and hydrotherapy. 🥰 bliss.
So I'm back upstairs, no idea what the time is, but am enjoying a cuppa, then I'm going back to the library to listen to the recital. 
......wonder what the time really is? has my clock changed again by any chance? I need a watch I don't kill.


No comments:

Post a Comment