Friday 25 November 2022

La Palma de Las Palmas

Ok so back on my planet....
It's 10:46 and La Palma is just waking up. 
I've walked to the far end of the city taking the scenic route along the coast and now I am seated in one of their numerous squares, happily writing this whilst sitting under an orange tree.
The café is buzzing with locals and the beers are already being served.
Coffee, churros, tostadas, pan y queso and many other beautifully smelling breakfasts are appearing from the kiosk. Its busy.
This is a lovely wander. I've found two hospitals, visited a fascinating museum, gone into an open fruit and vegetable market and am now enjoying a bottle of water I picked up from the Spar (indicated by the end of the day to green line).
It's still overcast but warm and the place is buzzing.
This time I'm tracing my steps using the Gaia app. I just looked and I've already done 3.6kms most of which have been up hills and down slopes. In places its steps but this is a town centre to keep you fit!
The roads are narrow; just wide enough for a 4 x 4 to get down so all roads, save the coast one, are one way. There's no tarmac because they'd have to import it, so they use the volcanic pebbles laid on their sides all held together with the ubiquitous concrete. Being hard they wear well. In places they make patterns with them.
My ankle is beginning to tell me enough, so one more mini meander and then back to the ship.
We set sail at 16:30 so most of us are starting to get back on board. We had the best of the weather this morning because the mists are descending now.
This afternoon I anticipate hitting the Hydrotherapy Suite and relaxing off my back and ankle, but first.....
Their fish + chips 😏


No comments:

Post a Comment