Tuesday 22 November 2022

I lost a day and a half....

Amazing when a migraine strikes. That together with wild seas as we travelled through the Bay of Biscay, flat out, attempting to avoid a storm.
First time ever I was reduced to taking sea-sickness tablets.
Mind you, I wasn't the only one and the number of cabin doors which still had the Do Not Disturb sign illuminated was surprising.
Today is my first real day of enjoying the pleasures of being at sea. The migraine has abated and the seas have reduced. It's about 20°C with some cloud. On starboard, the winds are low and the sun shines down. Outside is like a wind tunnel and no sun. I know which side I'll be sticking to that's for certain.
I went for a sauna and hydrotherapy swim today and will be aiming to do that every day. It has made a substantial difference to my left shoulder and finding I can use that blasted ankle if I hold it at a certain angle really helps.
So, hydrotherapy then an infra red sauna, then back to the Library for a cuppa.
Lunch was enjoyable; I stuck to a very simple salad with a few new potatoes and followed that with a fresh peach and an apple.
I'm now back in the library avoiding the football although I can hear it dominating from the Britannia Lounge on the deck below.
I know we're close when adverts like this appear on my phone 🥰

This afternoon? Well it's a stroll on deck I think and then? Mm, not sure yet, but its Spanish night in The Grill tonight and I would like to enjoy a small amount of their fayre.
Tomorrow its Funchal. I'm off on a short scenic tour then the time is my own. I know Funchal well so will do a nose round the parts I remember I really enjoyed.
Yep, this is the life and my cabin attendant is a complete star.

No comments:

Post a Comment