Monday 11 March 2024

Alta, day 2

After a wet and sad night I willed the coach for a speedy return. 
It was late, gone 10pm, and the roads were now the territory of HGVs, none of which moved with any urgency.
Returning to the ship was a welcome sight and I couldn't wait to get off the bus, get up to my cabin and fall into bed.
The lifts were full as always, so saying goodnight to Shirley, I went up one deck, walked to the other end of the ship and enjoyed a spacious ride up to deck 10.
I fell into bed. My head hit that pillow and I remember no more until 07:20 this morning.
The cabin stank of wood smoke.
Opening the cabin door I looked out and watched a flock of birds take to the air as a pod of orcas came into the fjord.
Whilst the kettle boiled, I watched them move around in their group presumably looking for fish.
They stopped and started circling where the sea birds had gathered. I guessed there might have been a sholl of fish there.
Nice start to the day and it's not even 09:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment