Thursday 14 March 2024

😳 this isnt just any wind and rain.....

I can hear the M+S advertisement in my head. No, its definitely M+S weather that's for sure. 
We came in relatively quietly. Presumably the worst of the storm was yet to come, and when it hit.....
I looked out the window at around 03:20 and saw nothing but white water in the harbour. I could only imagine what port side was getting.
Shirley and I were going to get off and have a mooch but the weather had other ideas.
Winds gusting so forcefully they'd knock you off your feet and driving rain getting inside even the best waterproofs.
I suggested she stayed onboard. 
As I disembarked I had the pleasure of a rather beautiful tanker. Mm. Fancy the unit!!
Making my way through the puddles, I got myself into and area the other side of the new road laying and wandered toward the park where there was a viewing platform at the top.
No, I didn't climb the hill. In that wind? on a zig zag, narrow path with uneven steps? Nope, I value my life. In this wind I honestly believe it would have been too dangerous. 
I walked on.
How many remember these bikes I wonder? This one was in surprisingly good condition considering its age.
Was rather amused by Darth Vada riding it.
Must be a 60s or early 70s? Again, looked in very good condition. 
Was blown further up the hill passed an old building; very dilapidated but still held a charm about it.
Crossing over, I went along a narrow side street where the wind wasnt so strong. 
Love things like that......






No comments:

Post a Comment