Tuesday 12 March 2024

At sea, snow storms, increasing wind

I think we pulled off early this morning. I went to the loo at about 03:20 and noticed a slow, stately progression up the fjord.
I went back to sleep.
By 06:30 we were just reaching the end of sheltered waters and a snow storm came driving towards us. It was as if we were travelling through a horizontal cloud with snow coming sideways onto the balcony only to be wiped upwards again.
The ship is still steady even though some might be experiencing some unpleasantness (a large proportion of the ship are first timers), not expecting the ship to be moved about by the seas.
It's the last destination talk today, so I will be going along to hear his take on Ålesund. I've been before but cannot remember it too clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment