Friday 8 March 2024

At sea, part 2

After a much needed lunch, I went back to my cabin: still no kettle, the previous one had a very iffy on/off switch.
I'd love a cup of tea but.......
Anyway, we started passing an archipelago of small to large islands, some low, some tall mountains covered in snow.
A website https://www.baltictravelcompany.com/attractions/norwegian-archipelagos/
 tells me, "The Lofoten Islands are known for the steep mountains, deep fjords and in wintertime the elusive Northern Lights and snowcovered landscape are just a few of the highlights in this wilderness."
Looks a wonderful place to visit. I must admit, the images on Google are fabulous.
we were that far away they appeared blue. The richness of the scenery there, however, is magnificent. 
Lying within the arctic circle and within the borealis oval, they get good sightings of the northern lights, helped by dark skies, little pollution and clearer skies (usually).
So, it's 13:00  and I have an hour before the next talk. Gawd, I'd love a tea!! Now where can I find a kettle?

No comments:

Post a Comment