Saturday 4 May 2024

A day at sea, well sort of.

We stayed overnight in Vigo giving the crew and those who wanted to spend time ashore to do so. The distance to our next port is not that long so a full day and a night was too much time.
Some of the younger members of the crew were out until very late, 3am! Hope they enjoyed it. With all the hard work they do, they deserve time to just let their hair down and relax.
We pulled off somewhere around 8am and then began the leisurely cruise up to the tip by La Coruña and then round the tip of Spain toward our next port, Gijon. 
We had two more destination talks, Bilbao and La Pallice (for La Rochelle) both of which were very good.
I have a trip booked in Bilbao to visit the Guggenheim museum and depending on how I feel (I've picked up a throat infection) I'll either stay in Bilbao and come back via the shuttle or go back to the ship and collapse. See how I feel then.
The rest of the day was gentle. I had a sauna (think that made it worse) and then relaxed for the rest of the day.
I must admit, I was in bed by 8pm and asleep by 10pm. 
So dreadfully tired from doing nothing essentially. 

No comments:

Post a Comment