Saturday 11 May 2024

Sitting in the Library- waiting

Time. Hard to believe but seems only yesterday I was wondering if she was on board yet.
Shirley and I have said our goodbyes and I've headed back to the Library in readiness for my departure time.
The first are being invited to depart from the Livingroom so we won't be far behind.
Will miss the ship. 
Will miss the crew.
Hope the next trenchant of passengers love her as much as I do.
The journey was fairly good but the man sitting in the back with us showed potential signs of alzheimer irritation with the air con not working instantly. We had a good 30 minutes of him going on and on and on and on....
Not feeling well enough for this. I put an ear bud in and carried on listening to my book.
In the end the aircon worked very well. It was icy cold and blasted out. I was feeling worse, too cold and I could feel I was getting short of patience. I didn't cause a scene but wrapped myself up in my shawl.
I think the wife realised she may have caused someone else issues, mm, ameliorating him had caused distress to the others in the car. That man certainly didn't think beyond himself and she, him, it appears.
I was mighty relieved to get in doors and looked out the window. 
Bloody heck!
Where's this lot grown from?
and this side too, never been this thick? It must have rained one heck of a lot!
I swayed around the house, collapsed onto the bed and woke a few hours later. Pharmacy, something for this infection then bed.
Always good to get back.




No comments:

Post a Comment