Wednesday 1 May 2024

Sea day 1

The night past without much movement as we made our way through the English Channel.
Going for a light breakfast, I decided, whilst the sea was fairly calm and the winds, not blowing a gale, I would take a mile walk round the ship.
I'm glad I did it when I did because by 9:30am it was already getting hard to walk against the wind.
Shirley and I met up and we chatted until it was time for the first port talk; in this case Oporto, Portugal.
It looks a really interesting place but steep. This might be too much for Shirley; we'll explore the foreshore together and then she can go back on the shuttle and I'll explore further.
They've warned us about rain, surprise, surprise. Glad I have my waterproof with me.
The next talk is this afternoon and that's about Vigo, but before that an announcement came over the speaker; our itinerary would change due to bad weather (joy! More rain). We still stop in the same places but some are now overnight, arriving at the next port of call in the afternoon. 
I just hope the weather is kinder than Ålesund had been.

No comments:

Post a Comment