Wednesday 8 May 2024

Brest, sun and coughing.

I woke at about 1am to have a good cough. I'd had the balcony door open a smidgen and fresh air had radiated throughout. It was nippy but so nice.
I noticed a lit of light through the curtains and taking a look, noted both ships which were in for refitting were a 24 hour endeavour. 
Ship lights, arc lights and flood lights filled the bay looking almost surreal as they floated on a bed of mist.
I took a photo but it's on the other phone. I'll put it up when I get back.
The flu like cold is making the rounds now and many people are blighted with hacking coughs. I'm glad to say with the warm sunshine I'm beginning to get mine under control.
Shirley doesn't fancy getting off so we will avail of the ship again today. I must admit, this virus is robbing me of my usual vigor so am happy to sit by the pool, even though I can't afford to use it.
We sat in the sun until about 2pm then headed back to our cabins. I had a few things to pack in readiness for tomorrow's final clearance and I wanted to have a shower, sleep and just.......
So many are coughing. 
Shirley is coughing badly too, so much so she just can't stop.
An important announcement has just been given over the tannoy:
Passports all need stamping for our next stop regardless of whether we get off or not. We really are foreigners here now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment