Wednesday 18 December 2019

And why did that alarm go off?

28th November 
There are times!.......nestled beneath warm bedding I heard a familiar sound, the alarm. 
Great. 🤬
Set for 0530, not a time I wished to be woken!
Turning over, I groaned. I'd gone to bed early and now having had seven hours, I knew I wouldn't fall asleep again.
Early breakfast then...... 
The sun is just starting to poke its head out between the clouds so it might be a nice day.
I've had breakfast (mm, missing the ship) and now listening to the Canarian sparrows in the date palms. Nice.
Went down to the beach and have spent a really enjoyable morning watching the taller than a six foot waves, pushing people off their feet as a wall of water cascades onto them. Quite entertaining especially with the disrobing of both sexes as the waves did their stuff.
With the sun came a fear of too great an exposure, so I wandered back to the hotel, got changed into swimwear and went for a short swim in the pool. It was nice once I was in but the initial shock......eek.
Shower, dry and then back out for a walk to McDonald's. I didn't go in. The clouds are back and the temperature has dropped. It feels as though it could drop rain any minute.
I'm tired, my back has pinged something, somewhere and hurts like heck. I'm back at the hotel....that's enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment