Friday 20 December 2019

Cool but still not coat weather

3rd December 
My room was still warm when I awoke this morning but the world outside had lost its cosiness, replaced with a strong, bitter wind and leaden skies. The threat of rain was imminent and I was all too content at staying close to the hotel.
Still not feeling 100% I was more than content to stay close to home although itchy feet had a calling, and the prospect of a decent coffee at McDonald's was a real pull.
After an early breakfast I returned upstairs and sat on the balcony out of the gently falling rain. 
My weather app told me it should clear by about 10am so I was happy to ride it out.
By the time 10am arrived, the weather had indeed cleared, and although it was still cloudy, the warmth was returning and I was off wandering.
Coffee.
McDonald's and a medium Americano with a glass of hot milk. 
Ironically, I enjoyed the hot milk the most. It reminded me of when I was younger, how I would hit the hot milk then. In fact it was by far my favourite hot drink.
Note to self; consider this as an option whilst away. I really do dislike the tea they have in Spain and the coffee can be very bitter depending upon where I go.
So the day passed and after a visit to the library (a bookcase with various books left by other guests in varying languages) I found a nice piece of 'fluff' reading - A Vintage Summer by Cathy Bramley.
The book I have on Kindle is fantastic but is a real tear-jerker. I decided modern day fluff was needed, something I could read, enjoy and move on. This other one is about the resistance in the Netherlands during the Second World War and its, how shall I put this? Raw.
Sadly, the weather didn't really pick up so it was a day of cardigans and curled up on a warm settee.
I had my evening meal then came upstairs to watch the Selby v McDonnell game of snooker on Eurosport. 
Come on Selby, get your game together!

No comments:

Post a Comment