Saturday 21 December 2019

Happy Birthday to me

6th December 
Well, it's my birthday and I'll.......if I want to.
Feeling low today. I should be upbeat, excited, happy but I feel saddened so few even remember  my special day. Oh well, as long as I remember theirs that's all which should be important. 
I do thank Diane, Amanda and Ann for their cards though.........nice to open on my birthday,  thank you.
So, weather wise it's another cool and overcast day. Sitting here I can see the clouds rolling in off the mountains but there are breaks in the clouds so it might become more of a nice day and less of a damp squib. 
What's not helping my mood is I'm off food again. Having just fought fractionally over a week of IBS cramps, headaches and feeling generally bloated like a puffa-fish, my body is saying,  enough.
This is when I need to be in my own kitchen able to prepare a ramen; that would go down a treat right now.
So, today? If it were a hot day I'd sit on the beach as I'd planned in my mind. Take a Spanish omelette with me and eat that for brunch.
Mother Nature has other plans for today so.........mm.
It's my birthday and I'll.......if I want to....
Went walking instead; still feel depressed but ache a bit too much to dwell on it.

It keeps chucking it down and the sea reflects the storms at sea by their stored energy breaking up the cliffs. Spray and waves are far bigger than yesterday and even the surfers have stayed away.
Areas of ground are flooded but the plants will benefit. 
I've seen a few butterflies out this morning so they are obviously on the hunt for nectar, mates and whatever.
Went past the central hall and they had their bonsai exhibits out again. This time I did choose my favourites in the categories. One especially I'd love to win recognition.
Gives me an idea for my spindle trees too......
Weather really didn't ease up so retired to the lounge area and finished the book.
Ok, it was a trashy love story but still enjoyable and light enough to read in a matter of a few days.
Have the next trash novel lined up, The Little Flower Shop by the Sea, by Ali McNamara, which, if you know about such novels, is another light-hearted love story; perfect holiday reading.
I got back to my room to find a strawberry torte and card in my room celebrating my birthday which was nice.
So sugared out now I can tell you.
Well, 66 years old now, so nearer 70 than 60. Seems amazing I've got this far, seems amazing I'm as fit and healthy as I am.
All I can say is, long may it continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment