Saturday 21 December 2019

Snow had fallen and the volcano is white

7th December 
I felt somewhat dejected yesterday with just three cards and no texts; a feeling of unloved washed over me and sadly, it stayed all morning.
By lunchtime I had heard from Ems and I felt better, then three more texts as people remembered and an e-card from one who also has a December birthday.
It was a grey, wet day too and that didn't help. I'd come for the sun and some vitamin D but was being given the leaden skies and downpours of England.
Opening the curtains this morning breathed new happiness in me; the rains may have been in torrents at sea level but had fallen as snow on the Teide. 
Clear air free of cloud, for now, showed off her white shroud and as the sun slowly lifted itself to the top of the mountain range, it lit the shroud with tinges of red and orange.
I looked toward Puerto Cruz, the clouds were thick and low, visibility limited and possible rain storms were rolling in from the sea.
I have a window, a glimpse of beauty gifted by Nature to lift my spirits and that it has done.
The rains fell in torrents once more and I went walking. The sea called and I was intrigued by the amount of power it would be unleashing on the beaches.
No surfers were out, several of the smaller bays were fenced off and red flags flew in the strengthening winds.
Slowly the storm blew itself out and the sun returned by mid afternoon. 
Sun worshipers quickly grabbed sunbeds and stripped off; no-one ventured in the pool.....too chilled after the past few days.
Me? Had some lunch and am sitting in the sun on my balcony enjoying some light jazz from Spotify. Wonderful. 
Oh, just to feel better, have washed my large cardigan.  It's now drying peacefully on the line next to me.
I have washing out on the line and the world is ok. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment