Friday 20 December 2019

The morning after the night before

1st December 
I finally surfaced at gone 08:30, it had been an eventful night.
I watched one of the early Harry Potter movies (in Spanish), and was contemplating settling to sleep when the commotion began somewhere in the corridor.
Loud voices, banging, screaming, it all began in earnest at about 23:30. 
It carried on and on.
In the end I gave up, put a sundress on, and went outside to see what was going on, only to find a prostrate female lying semi-clad just down the corridor from me.
Walking up to her, I realised she appeared to be only just conscious, so training from teaching kicked in, my first thought, get back. I called reception. If she was ill, she needed attention. 
She stopped me and started jabbering on about something of which I had no idea, but I quickly realised, she wasnt ill, she was blind drunk.
I went back to my room, called Reception and then went outside to keep an eye on her. She was in quite a state so I attempted to quieten her by just being there.
Eventually she gestured at me, "go" so I did.
Long and short of it, Reception came and let her in to the room she was performing outside. 
For some reason it all started again some forty minutes later and they came up again, and again, and ag......I fell asleep; earplugs are marvellous things.
So, yes, a late start this morning and that final hour of breakfast serving is not a good time to go down. I ate something, had a drink and left as fast as I could.
Now I'm sitting in the sun, sundress on, enjoying the peace, solitude and warmth of my balcony. 
I'm tired, but will sleep all the better for it tonight.
The day unfolded as others have previously,  I enjoyed the early part of the morning on the balcony, spent until about 14:00 enjoying the pool and a stint of lying in the sun, then up to my room for a shower, change and sudoku. That game is addictive. 
By the time I looked up I'd missed the lunch period (IBS been playing up since I arrived so not really a problem), so out for a walk. Again.
Now I'm back and believe it or not am really tired. That disturbed night, watching the film 'til late and then being 'right out of salts' has done me in.
Did enjoy my paddle in the sea though. Believe it or not, its warmer than the pool! 🙄

No comments:

Post a Comment