Saturday 1 July 2023

30th June: at sea

Our three day passage up to Iceland begins and we have just over a thousand nautical miles to travel.
Our first destination is right up in the northern part of the archipelago, Isafjördur.
It's a small place but a really pretty one with a long history. We had an excellent talk about it this morning and it was enough to remind me just how much I liked the place.
We'll get there Monday but before then it's just the sound of the waves and the arctic turns swooping low over the waters.
Sadly and I suppose not unexpectedly a migraine descended so by 2pm I was back in bed.
I'm writing this on the Saturday, the first time I've been conscious since really. Yes, its still there but manageable. I really should have put that blasted collar in!

No comments:

Post a Comment