Wednesday 4 August 2021

A day at sea

I can truthfully say, I slept like that proverbial log last night and as a consequence am awake early.
The sea is like a mill pond and there's a balmy quality in the air. My cabin balcony door is open and I'm listening to Radio 4 whilst watching the coast slip by with a cup of tea in hand.
Bliss.
The sun keeps trying to come out and when it does, its glorious. 
Queen Mary 2 plus other cruise ships still lying furloughed 

We've stopped at Portland Harbour to allow a passenger to disembark, presumably ill. The launch has just left and is making it's way to shore.
This area is fascinating and the fortifications, impressive. An area I will explore on land and see just how far I can get regarding these gun emplacements.
Have found the restaurant upstairs and like the Tui ships is nearer a self service. At the moment it's more like an up market canteen; you point to what you want, the quantity and they serve you. Really nice although by comparison, a bit muddled. On the Tui ships the food hall is arranged in a rectangle with the waiters in the middle. Easy serving. On the Saga ship is small islands and they serve from the front, next to you, different and doesn't feel as spacious. I cannot fault the service though.
We received word the weather will deteriorate in the next 24 to 36 hours so we are going directly to the Scilly islands. I've no idea what or where they will replace a missed destination if anywhere but I must admit I want to see the Scillys.
Early to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment