Friday 6 August 2021

At sea

Days at sea always seem to pass slowly but at least we had two talks to break the monotony. 
The first was on Belfast, our intended next destination but not quite. We are going to stop at Holyhead for the day as a replacement for Falmouth and I'm off to see some gardens or other.
We don't seem to be stopping long there either, I read somewhere that the last tender back would be at 14:00 hours.
I wonder if we'll be using our own tender this time?
The second talk is on the history of tea, but before I go, a nice cuppa is brewing....
It might not appear that interesting but it was and I hadn't appreciated the "game" the British played when it came to tea, opium, China, India and of course, the slave trade 
From what I could make out, tea was prime and had to reach the UK shores regardless of how it affected others.
Anyway, a nice evening. Caught up with one of the ladies I met at dinner another evening, so we had a very enjoyable catch up.
I was in bed by 21:00, watched the episode, Vera, and then slept.
As a postscript it rained heavily most of the day. The ship was incredibly stable throughout even though the seas were pretty turbulent. 
I take my hat off to the designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment