Tuesday 10 August 2021

Its like coming home...Kirkwall

At the first sight of the town, Kirkwall, I cried. A deep longing grabbed me just as it did the first time, and the second and now.....
I really don't know what it is, it's as if I lived here in a past life but it really is like coming home.
they must be relieved to see normality returning.
the coaches assemble; there are a few trips out today.
Enjoyed a nice coach trip around the southerly part of the island and took in the two sets of standing stones at Brodger (where three common seals had hauled themselves up on the rocks in the loch and posed for those with higher powered lenses than mine!), Scapa Flow, Stromness and small villages such as Flint. 
Really want to come back here and have a car. There's so much to see and so many islands to hop between, many of which are connected by land bridges.
This snail shell on wheels is be coming very inviting.
bit nipper than I'm used to down south
Had to add this, just dotting on the balcony spotted a black guillemot bathing in the waters off our ship. A really pleasant sight and the first I've seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment