Monday 2 August 2021

Arrived and on board

The journey was a really nice one; I was collected in a chauffeured car, driven directly to the boarding shed and after testing, embarked.
The cabin is lovely with a very spacious balcony, large bed and very opulent bathroom. 
Saga know how to spoil their guests.
As to the people on board, I would say yes, you have those who have major disabilities and it certainly is an older audience but I will reserve comment until I have had a better chance to experience the whole ship and its company. 
The port is interesting, sporting a 1940s feel about the Terminal Building.
The tide is just beginning to turn and almost silently, water is covering the mud flats under the terminal. I've just watched the small foot ferry leave the pier and it is visible in the penultimate picture.
We have fixed dining this evening so it'll be interesting what they offer, but I'm due at 19:30 for mine. I suspect I'm going to be hungry by then!
Ok, time to make some tea me thinks.
Postscript; It is a much older audience than Tui and quite a high proportion I would say are in their 80s but I sat with three other ladies who were also travelling solo and we had a nice conversation over dinner.
So, its sorting out the TV, seeing what channels it picks up (looks like a wide variety so far) have a tea on the balcony and then bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment