Monday 30 August 2021

In my mind I'm in the library

 I really wish I had taken photographs of the ship itself, and normally I would, but for some inextricable reason I didn't but my mind's eye hasn't disembarked yet.


 

 I'm sitting in the library on one of their comfortable chairs. I have a cup of freshly made coffee in one hand and a handmade dark chocolate cookie in the other. On my lap is my book and I am quietly listening to the classical duet playing on the 5th deck. 

The whole place is divided up into smaller rooms where we can explore the bookcases to our hearts content.

I affably look at my watch and note its 17:25  so there is still a glorious hour before I have to think about dinner. Flicking off my shoes, I curl up on my chair and return my nose to my book.........


 

No comments:

Post a Comment