Sunday 15 August 2021

Last day at sea - the final leg

The sun is out and I am enjoying the breaking surf as we push through a mild swell. The water looks like liquid silver between the white foam and I am enjoying some quietude on the balcony.
So what has made this a good trip?
 ☆The door to door transfer has been a deal clincher for me. I pack, get ready and await the driver's knock. He then takes my case and that is the last I see it until it arrives in the cabin. No checking on of luggage, no collecting labels and attaching them in a large luggage shed. No hunting fir your one amongst rows of pretty identical cases. No train journey, no buses, no overnight stay in a hotel, just picked up from home and taken to the port. 
☆ The cabin size with it's own balcony regardless if your single or not. The larger than a cupboard size bathroom with a full size shower. 
☆ Large 500ml bottles of Prija handwashing, sanitizer, hair shampoo moisturiser (£26 a set, I checked) which are in cabins and all toilets around the ship.
☆ Total inclusivity of everything from room service to alcohol to speciality restaurants to afternoon tea. Not to mention shows, talks and various recreational activities. All you pay for are some excursions (three free ones included in your booking) and anything you may buy from the shop or the photographer. 
☆ The staff! They are truly amazing and knock spots off anything I've come across on other ships through other cruise line companies.
☆ Cleanliness  of everything and everywhere.
What's not to love?
I can only think of one thing;
☆ there is no late night serving after 9pm. That's it, that's my only gripe and to be honest I've not really missed it so the food is clearly satisfying.
So, roll on February when I'm back on board either this one or its sister ship and I'm off to chase the Northern Lights in northern Norway.

No comments:

Post a Comment