Monday 30 August 2021

Back to the cabin, freshen up, it's almost time for dinner...

 My mind is back on board, heading from deck 7 and the library down one flight of stairs to my cabin. Walk along the corridor and up to the forward set of lifts, I'm just before them, D043.


Opening the door, I go inside and slide the balcony door wide. I decide I will be a little later  than usual as I'm not too hungry, so I make a cup of tea and sit outside watching the world pass by. The 'gannets' can go first and I'll have a quieter serving later. Drifting here and there, I listen to the lapping of the water as it gently slaps the side of the ship.

 

Ok, I'm hungry now, so freshen up, put shoes on and head off to the 12th deck. This bit I tend to get wrong, I choose the wrong set of lifts or something, this time I do again and end up walking through, from one end to the other, past the pool. Its warm tonight and there isn't too much of a breeze this time. I might go up onto the observation deck later.

After dinner I'll go onto deck 6 and listen to the pub quiz and see if I can answer any of the questions. Last time I failed miserably.

Beautiful meal made all the better because I hadn't cooked or had to wash up, I stroll up onto deck 14 and watch the world go by until I am chilly.... walk to the South Cape bar and enjoy peppermint tea and live music from our resident pianist, Steve Thiebault.

Another rather lovely evening. Now its my own bed and the TV. Wonder what the show is like? Might watch that. If not then I'll find a video from the 'on demand' channel.

It's hard work being pampered.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment