Sunday 18 August 2019

EARLY MORNING BRIGHT BUT NOT SO WIDE AWAKE, FLÅM

Well, a 6.45 am start is not the very best, especially when I’d been awake from 03:15, and too awake to doze off very quickly.
The work Dr Edouard has done has certainly helped the hip and knee but as usual I am very bunged up and my neck hurts a great deal. I’m hoping it will settle down fairly quickly and all I can do until then is keep taking the tablets!
The BMI/BFI was interesting. Although my BMI is within comfortable limits, as is my weight,  the body fat percentage is way too high. I'm one of those people, skinny/fat, I hold it all on the inside. Ouch.
At the moment its reading 40% which is the highest it’s been. I’ve no idea why this has suddenly happened but I am going to take the offer of supplement and mineral support to work through this once and for all.
I was very surprised to see my lean muscle mass is excellent so where this blubber layer has come from.......
He’s  suggested I aim at the body fat percentage rather than the weight and get that to as near 18% as possible. Now that’s at the lower end of the range but I’ll have a go.
So, today, or rather this morning, bright and early.
Well today is the Flåm railway trip and I think, because there were so many of us, they booked us on the first train out, hence the ludicrous start time.
We travelled only part of the entire route but what we covered was spectacular.  It was great to be on a train and I thoroughly enjoyed the concept of climbing up the steps to get on board, to have slam doors and to pull down the windows to let in the air. Really was reminiscent of times long ago when steam pulled the wagons instead of the electric today. 


It was beautiful up there and listening to the birds through the silence of the mountains was delightful.
A woman was singing lower down the mountain. There’s  an old story which says a woman sings to the weary traveller and lures them to their death. So many stories of sirens, both on land and in water doing this.
When we got back the temperature had risen somewhat so I went straight to the cabin and changed.
It was hot even by 11am and the locals were saying how hot this year had been. Mm. A worry.
But......it did mean one thing, after the requisite cup of tea...a paddle in the fjord. The water was cold but ooh, it was nice to pull my feet through the crystal clear water.
That entailed sitting on the beach and it also entailed sunbathing.
Lovely.
I can’t get over just how clean everywhere is. People still collect all litter! They leave no traces! Wonderful.
And children are just that, children, and encouraged to be just that, children. 

I could sense my neck was going to start playing up. This was the day after quite an intense treatment and although I know it has worked for my pelvis and hip, my neck is complaining bitterly. Tomorrow will be worse and I’m not looking forward to it.
Fortunately the trip tomorrow has been cancelled so I can if I want to, or not if I feel crook.

No comments:

Post a Comment