Monday 19 August 2019

OVERCAST POSSIBLY A BIT CHILLY BUT NICE ENOUGH, BERGEN

I went, I looked, I came back. I did about two and a half miles and took some nice photos of the old part on my camera rather than the phone. Yes, shame I feel so crap today, but I genuinely do need to be quiet and just left alone. 
Central Square in Bergen Harbour

My left eye is not focusing well and the sinus on that side is very painful. The neck muscles feel like they’re tearing off the back of my skull so carrying much at all is difficult.
So, less of that, I will be glad to begin the treatment I gave paid for, I presume, and get these fat pounds off. By cleansing out too, bit should be able to stop this being so intense too.
So I went onto deck 13 for a while and took a few pics on the phone. They do show what Bergen is like and it does look interesting but no, not this time.
I didn't realise, however,  just how big Bergen was until we began to drop anchor. As we went past one of the warfs I suddenly saw another side of the city which was about equal in size to that we had berthed in.
It has houses which are literally on the waterfront too. I do wonder what will happen as the ice continues to recede. That is unless we have an ice age up here first. At the moment, the countries which are used to summer temperatures of 20°C or so are experiencing 28°C which, as most were saying, is rather too hot for them.
A quiet back street between the shops

Interestingly,  I was on a trip in Iceland and the lady was telling us they have found the remnants of Sequoa trees showing the habitat was probably a lot warmer in the past. So that and birch forests, it does make me realise just how little I know about the ecosystem of the north.
I have picked up my troll to take home and am now sitting on deck 11 watching the islands around the mouth to Bergen slip by.
Looking at the map I suspect we will stay pretty much within the archipelago, unless we have to go into deep space for "housekeeping".
The one thing which does please me is we are forced to process our own sewage, allowing only clean water back into the sea. The slurry is decanted at port which adds to the cost of berthing anywhere, it must do.

No comments:

Post a Comment