Friday 23 August 2019

This is the Southeastern train to Charing Cross

I love that announcement,  it means it's no longer university or work, it's going somewhere I have decided to visit.

Today I wanted to revisit a stall on Whitechapel Market. I love coming here, and enjoy the tastes of Indian street food and of course, the cheap clothes.
I buy from one man who buys in cloth and then employs some people here to make it. His fabrics are good quality, the workmanship excellent and of course, the prices are very fair.

So almost ready to take off again. Have my currency and all the clothes I'll need. So not much left to do than indulge in a guide book of Iceland and read its history and culture.
The book says, you go once and keep returning. Yes, I have a sneaking suspicion that's right.
Its Bank Holiday weekend and people seem to be going shopping mad again. Do they eat all they buy or does it end up in the bin? Oh, well, it's the way of a wasteful world; glad I'm not part of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment