Thursday 15 August 2019

You look like a friendly person......

If I dislike one group of people, it's those you see in town centres who accost you as you walk through the town.
I have returned from my trip blessed with a sore throat, wobbly legs and a shortened temper, so walking through the High Street I was not ready for the first accosting; Alzheimer's Society.
Within a whiff of me walking along, the first of the two colleagues pounced. Having said no thank you, I walked on......the second one got me! Again I rejected the false words of caring and interest in my well being and moved on.
My throat, sore, my voice, imperfect, I did my shopping and taking a slightly different route so as to avoid them a second time, I walked slap bang into three of these praying mantis like individuals peddling some other charity. Would you believe I was accosted by all three! 😡
Please, don't get me wrong, I support charities and any money left when I peg it all goes to a chosen eight. I am organised. I support several now, monthly. I am not opposed to supporting good causes, but to get these happy, smiley people attempting to get a name, address, email and bank details really...........
Ironically, the only group not forcefully peddling their wares were one of those church groups you often see in towns, selling their views on society.
I came home and sat down.
Even on a good day those charity pushers have got short shrift........ unless I felt awkward of course and enquired what they were peddling and why? Do enjoy a bit of 'bear'- baiting now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment